Monday, October 31, 2011

My October Birchbox is Here!

This is a little late. I've been working so much lately, and the last thing I have had time for is blogging. I received my Birchbox in the mail mid-October.




If you aren't familiar with Birchbox, I suggest you become familiar with it. You can read more on their website but every month you receive a box of four-five deluxe beauty samples. You can choose between yearly and monthly subscription plans. The monthly plan is what I signed up for to get started, just to make sure I liked it. It's only $10 a month and it is so worth it! I can try new products for super cheap without making a commitment to it not knowing whether or not I love it yet! So, here is what I got in my October Birchbox.
First in my box was The Lash Card. These are cards that you place over your lid while putting on mascara so you won't get any on your already done eyeshadow. This really does seem like a good idea, at first. Then, you try to use it. Doesn't work very well. I think I got more mascara on my eyelids than I normally do with using these.
My opinion: Waste of money.
Second, was blinc Mascara in black. I will start off by saying I am very picky about mascara and I have tried almost everything out there. This mascara is just okay. Nothing special and it doesn't go on as think as I like it. I was actually thinking about buying this mascara, so I am so glad it came in my box.
My opinion: If you like a really natural look, you should try this, but if you like any drama at all, you probably won't like it.
Next up, Pangea Organics Facial Scrub. This is a facial scrub you use once you wash your make-up off. I had never heard of Pangea before, but I want to try more now. I love this stuff! It has a fresh, natural smell and it leaves your face feeling so soft!
My opinion: LOVE!
Next is AHAVA Mineral Foot Cream. One thing I can't stand is scratchy feet....gross! I use my pumice stone daily and have tried many foot creams. Most I have tried are super thick and don't have a clean smell. I can't say the same about this cream. It is the perfect consistency, not too thin, not too thick. It also has a very fresh and clean smell. I will definitely be purchasing this once I run out of my sample.
My opinion: Worth the money!
Last, but not least, is Oiudad Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel. I can't tell you how to pronounce the name but I will tell you it is some good stuff. If you know me, you know I have hair that is pretty wavy. Definitely not straight and definitely not curly. I used this on a day when I didn't straighten my hair. I put only this product in and I really liked it. My hair wasn't frizzy and it put some shine into it.
My opinion: In the middle. I have my go-to products and it is hard for me to stray from them. I may have to purchase a small size of this stuff next summer to put it to the real test of Alabama heat and humidity.

So, have I convinced you, yet? I love my Birchbox subscription and I hope you will sign up too! It's only $10 and you can cancel anytime!

That's all for now! Have a wonderful day and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment