Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Christmas is my FAVORITE! I'm actually watching Elf right now. Seriously, who doesn't love this movie?
So I decorated for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Hunter was supposed to help, but he decided a nap sounded better. I have been so excited to decorate for Christmas this year! Last year, after Christmas, my stepmom, Allison's, sweet friends gave me a Christmas shower. I got SO much stuff and I couldn't wait to bring it out this year! So this post is going to be lots of pictures of our decorations. Hope you enjoy!
Please excuse the lighting in this picture. The sun was setting and I couldn't get a good shot. I really like how the door turned out though. The wreath is from Whole Foods and I got the metal "E" at my shower last year. I think it came from Chelsea Lane. I bought the garland and had the ornaments that I got on sale after Christmas last year. I attached them to the garland with green pipe cleaners. I was very happy with the final product.
With the garland on the front I attached the deco mesh and ornaments with pipe cleaners. It is so easy and was really fast.
Our table is my favorite. We got it for $40 from a furniture consignment shop (for those of you in Sylacauga, Anne's Bargain Barn). Hunter refinished it and it has a leaf that we can put in it to fit 8+ people. The candle is from Palace and was a wedding gift. I got the red and green striped runner and the deer from Home Goods. The burlap is fabric I had left over from the burlap garland strips I cut for our tree. And the napkins and napkin rings we got at our Holiday shower last year.
This is my Santa bear that I have had since I was born. My Memaw (my dad's mom) bought all of her grand kids one and every year we take a picture with it. She has a wall full of pictures with each of her grand kids and their bears labeled with what year it was. I will have to share more on this later because I think it is such a great tradition to have. She gave it to me last year to keep and I plan on keeping up the tradition once Hunter and I decide to start a family.
I love our stockings! I saw them at Pottery Barn after Christmas last year and my mom surprised me with them. My best friends very talented mom, Judy, monagrammed them for us.



Merry Christmas to you and yours! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your decorations are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)


    -Michelle W

    ReplyDelete