Saturday, December 10, 2011

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

I just shared our Christmas decorations with you guys but wanted to do a separate post on our Christmas tree. I have always had a real tree but Home Depot had a really pretty artificial, pre-lit tree for only $49 on Black Friday. I just couldn't pass up this great deal so for the first year, besides when I lived in my condo in Tuscaloosa, I got a fake tree. And to my surprise, I actually like it. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a real tree. I love the fresh smell it sends all through the house. But it was so nice to not have sap all over your hands and needles all over the place. And since our tree is pre-lit, we didn't have to deal with putting lights on the tree.
After Christmas last year, Hunter and I went to Wal-Mart to see what they had on sale. They had tons of pretty glass ornaments. We stuck with a silver, white and green theme. We spent very little money on these ornaments so if we ever get tired of them, we can change them out. I used other ornaments that I got at our holiday shower and ornaments I have gotten since I was a baby.
I love how our tree turned out! I always like to use two wrapping papers and this year I got them from Hobby Lobby (What am I saying? I always get my paper from Hobby Lobby). I still haven't put the ribbon on them yet. (Lazy).

I used burlap as garland this year and I love how it turned out!
I love this one! My cousin, Amanda, made this for us with our wedding invitation.
This was made my my best friends mom and I love it!

One of my favorites! From my Uncle Andy when I was a baby!

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment